Sunday, March 29, 2009

Dropped in to see Mike today and got an update. First, he is in great spirits. Just to give you a glimpse, here's a few direct quotes:

"It is my goal to be at church next weekend, playing on the worship team! I want to be there and thank the people for praying for me."

"I am rejoicing in the Lord. Rejoicing in the Lord! Big things will come of this and bring glory to the Lord."

"You can really feel the power of the body of Christ, and it's awesome."
The official diagnosis is lymphoma of the bones. He has just finished the first of 5 or 6 rounds of chemo. The first round lasted about 5 days. Today, Mike looked good and, as noted, was in good spirits, but he was very tired and sleepy.

Sandi asked me to let everyone know that if anyone comes to visit who is sniffling, coughing, etc., they must wear a mask. Whenever Mike walks outside his room, he also must wear a mask. The masks are hanging on the door to his room.

I asked Mike if he wanted me to tell everyone anything else. He said, "Tell everyone I love them deeply and thank them so much for their prayers. That's the most powerful thing they can do for me."

No comments:

Post a Comment